UV-LUX®: the world's first UV-light activatable adhesive tape technology
From pioneers for pioneers: This is UV-LUX® - the world's first UV-light activatable adhesive tape technology, based on epoxy resin chemistry. Suited for semi-structural as well as structural bonding, this new technology enables fast processes for most varied applications - and makes many things in your production much easier.
Less effort with UV-LUX®
UV-LUX® Technology saves you considerable effort that is inevitable with other bonding techniques. Both a cooling chain and a thermal input can be dispensed with.
Furthermore, you are not limited to translucent materials because there is no need for further UV-light radiation after activation.
UV-LUX®: All clear due to color change
The inital tack (immediate adhesion) for a possible pre-application is provided by the UV-LUX® Technology. A color change provides precise, easy and safe manufacturing processes: A successful activation at a wavelength of 365 nm is made visible by an initial color change of the tape, the final cure is displayed by yet another change of color.
- Starting color blue:
Adhesive tape is pre-applicable at room temperature and activatable within a few seconds
- Color change to pink:
After UV-light activation. Can be joined immediately afterwards
- Color change to purple:
After 24 hours. Curing is completed
This is what makes the UV-LUX® Technology so unique
The UV-light activatable UV-LUX® adhesive tape offers you a wide range of advantages, depending on the respective application. For example:
- Tacky at room temperature
- Higher strengths than with adhesive tapes
- Semi-structural to structural adhesive behavior
- Offers a quicker initial fixture strength than liquid adhesives - no additional fixation needed
- No thermal input or cooling chain required
- No translucent substrates needed
Two application examples
Fixation of plastic components on glass
- Pre-application of die-cuts on plastic components via UV-LUX® Technology at room temperature
- Colored tape ensures safe visual recognizability
- Increased process safety - the color change makes it unmistakably clear that the adhesive tape has been activated and has completed curing
- No additional fixation of the plastic component needed after activation, thereby immediate processing possible
- No adhesive bleed and thus no extensive post-processing
Lab-on-a-Chip: sealing film for safe closure of micro-fluid cartridges
- The transparent product structure allows a flawless photometric analysis
- UV-light activation possible outside of the sealing station thanks to dark curing
- Hereby, the protection of the assays with the possibility of performing sterilization and activation in one step is possible
- No restriction of the assay selection thanks to cold sealing (unlike hot sealing)
„Based on the UV-LUX® Technology, we at Hahn-Schickard, in a joint effort with a Lohmann team, have developed an optimal solution for our customers' sealing processes. This technology is the first on the market that allows Lab-on-a-Chip sealing with maximum strengths, whilst being uncompromisingly gentle to assays.“
Dipl.-Chem. Raimund Rother, Hahn-Schickard Department Lab-on-a-Chip Scale-up
Be the first together with us!
You are interested in the UV-LUX® Technology? Please advise us of your application challenges and let us both be pioneers when we mutually optimize the technology for your demands!
Your contact Konrad Lazarski is looking forward to hearing from you:
The range of Lohmann solutions is wide and new developments are constantly being added. For a comprehensive overview of what we can do for you, visit our company website.